Tuesday, 19 March 2013

NOTD OPI The Great and Powerful OZ

So I went shopping for Mum's birthday present today... And came home with six nail polishes for myself.

The three OPI's I was guilty of purchasing (extremely guilty once the bf told me off - apparently I don't NEED nail polish #450... pfffffffffffffffffffffft)

OPI - (Lto R) Liquid Sand What Wizardry Is This?; When Monkey's Fly!; Lights of Emerald City)



I was intrigued by the Liquid Sand. The BF got me the mini Mariah Carey pack - and I love them a hell of a lot more than I thought I would. But what really got me was a photo that someone won in a competition on OPI's facebook - If I recall correctly it was best nail art wins polish? (I did NOT enter - after seeing these photos you'll understand why)

(with flash)
OPI - What Wizardry Is This?; with feature When Monkey's Fly! (with matte topcoat)
(with flash)
(without flash)
OPI - What Wizardry Is This?; with feature When Monkey's Fly! (with matte topcoat)
(without flash)
So - this lady that won some competition. She did exactly what I've copied here - Liquid Sand What Wizardry Is This?, with When Monkey's Fly! on the ring fingers, with a Matte Top Coat over that (I've used Essie)

I thought it looked awesome. But I was bored and wanted MORE. So, I left my left as it was, and thought I'd mix it up on my right hand...

OPI - Liquid Sand What Wizardry Is This? with Lights Of The Emerald City middle finger and When Monkey's Fly! ring finger.
OPI - Liquid Sand What Wizardry Is This? with Lights Of The Emerald City middle finger and When Monkey's Fly! ring finger.

For my little mix up, I tried to do some very very very basic (and not very good) nail art. The thumb and index finger I left as they were with three coats of What Wizardry Is This? All textured and sandy and delicious.

The middle finger I messed up about four times. Even at one point taking all the polish off and starting over. I was going to do a diagonal line of top coat so half was matte and half was shiny  No, I correct myself - I DID do that. Then I got bored with it (within like 5 minutes...) and went to find something sparkly. I had to carefully place the white square glitters of Lights Of The Emerald City (but seriously, they could have chucked some EMERALD in there?! Colour of the YEAR, Helllllllo?!) After side slipping and getting some of the additional glitter on the top of my finger, I just went with it! Half matte, half topped with Lights Of The Emerald City.

My ring finger was two coats of WWIT? With one coat of When Monkey's Fly!. I was pleasantly surprised how much glitter came out in one stroke of this polish, although, the slight curve in each piece I think may annoy me - pretty though it does look. I topped it with one very generous coat of Seche Vite to try and seal down those curved edges. The last thing I was is big chunks of glitter lifting while I'm at work tomorrow.

And my little pinky - three coats of WWIT? With one coat of Seche Vite... I thought this colour would look much more impressive with top coat. Oh well!

A pathetic attempt, but I'm still happy I got them! Love ❤

No comments:

Post a Comment