Thursday, 27 December 2012

NOTD - China Glaze It's Poppin

I know it's been a while, but my dearest boyfriend got a new DSLR camera for Christmas, and what a better use for a camera than nail polish swatches!!! I feel so inspired again!

Today I have on two of my favourites, China Glaze It's Poppin' from their 2009 Summer Kicks collection and Deborah Lippmann's Bad Romance as a feature nail.

China Glaze - It's Poppin & Deborah Lippmann - Bad Romance


I LOVE It's Poppin - it's a vibrant, bold PINK (my FAVOURITE colour - although I don't wear pink polishes often) with just a hint of shimmer, that unfortunately doesn't come up in this photo. This colour has a formula to die for, the day I did this mani, I wanted something simple quick and easy that would apply flawlessly while my focus was elsewhere. I'd been donning shimmers and glitters for days, and as I chose these colours (or asked my beloved BF too, as trying to pick something to wear usually overwhelms me...) I was thinking ahead to the removal. I longed for something that would just come off in an easy swipe and not leave shimmery/glittery residue all over my hands. So It's Poppin' it was!

That all being said, I couldn't just have a boring old normal manicure with every finger the same - I needed SOME sparkle! That's where Bad Romance came in, a nice dark contrast with complimentary purple glitters. I LOVE this colour - as I love all Deborah Lippmann's chunky glitter's suspended in dark and stormy pigment-alicious base colours (à la - Lady Sings the Blues & Across the Universe)  -  I figured though, only two fingers of featured nail - I could beg the BF to tackle that glitter when the time came.

For my Australian followers whose hearts long for Deborah Lippmann's colours the way mine do - there's no going past http://www.kissandmakeupny.com - bless their sweet little souls! I couldn't find ANY Australian retailers of these magnificent polishes, but one fine marvelous day I happened upon K&MUNY worldwide for only $9.95 - WIN!

And for the super observant out there - there is a teeny star on my thumb from Nicole by OPI's Let's Get Star-ted. It was in front of me - I couldn't resist!

Until next time...

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment