Sunday, 24 February 2013

NOTD - OPI Pink of Hearts Duo

I bought this duo on a trip up to Sydney last October for my girlfriends wedding. I was a bridesmaid, and I had insisted the bride come with me and we get our nails done (she was going to do it herself, FOR HER OWN WEDDING!)

Anyhoo, her nails were done briefly before mine, so she left the magazine she'd been reading open for me to see as I left the shop. Low and behold, THERE THEY WERE. An ad for OPI's latest breast cancer foundation supporting polish duo's. I saw them, and I HAD to have them. En route to track down her and her Mum who'd gone shopping while they waited for me to finish up, I ducked into DJ's and bought these polishes. Months later the BF's Mum actually put them in my stocking at Christmas - thankfully, the glitter is a dear favourite, and I'm glad to have a back up!!


(with camera flash)
OPI - Pink of Hearts Duo - I Think In Pink (main) & You Glitter Be Good To Me (feature)
(with camera flash)




(without camera flash)
OPI - Pink of Hearts Duo - I Think In Pink (main) & You Glitter Be Good To Me (feature)
(without camera flash)


The main colour I've got on here is I Think In Pink a sheer pale pink. This is one of few pale pinks I like, not wishy washy at all. Enough pigment and colour that it stands out enough for it to look intentional. Nothing I hate more that silly pale pinks that look like your own skin colour gone wrong. This was three coats and you could easily got another - patchy with very VNL, an extra coat wouldn't hurt, but I'd give it some extra drying time, this polish is slightly thicker than others.

The glitter is a stand out. You Glitter Be Good To Me is tiny pink sparkles with larger brighter pink chunks of circular glitter. It goes on quite sheer (would look nice as a top coat) But I like my glitters to have oomph, so I just layered of three coats of itself. Sparkle-icious and attention seeking now - I can't even bare think about the removal later.

I love this glitter, I'm so glad I ended up with two!

xx



No comments:

Post a Comment