Friday, 18 January 2013

NOTD - OPI DS Radiance

I stole this baby off my dear sweet Mama. Somewhere along the line, I seemed to influence her to develop a little polish habit of her own. After some time of showing (or bragging of) every new pretty colour I acquired, she bought a few of her own. I'm sure my my appalled shrieks at her NAKED NAILS could have also have contributed.

Going to her house, I always feel the need to poke through her collection - even though I could almost name every colour she owns, all twenty of them! Today, I turned up with chipped shabby unloved nails, and I thought what better time to pain them than as I sat and talked at her, cup of tea in hand. One of the few colours she has that I don't, is OPI Designer Series Radiance.

OPI - Designer Series - Radiance



My robot nails! All day, every time I've looked down at my nails, I can't help but to think of Bender from Futurama. I never bothered to get this colour for myself, because coincidentally the day Mum bought it for herself, I had bought China Glaze's Cheers To You (great minds think alike). I'd say they're near identical, although I've never compared them side by side (Sorry!)

Radiance is part of OPI's Designer Series which are made of up of radiant sparklers and impressive holo's. Ever so slightly more expensive than their run of the mill OPI counterparts ($5 I believe) I'm on the fence as to whether that price is worth it (bringing them up to $24.95 here - a bit of an expense for what they are) This colour was perfect in two thin smooth coats. It was quite streaky on the first coat, but evened out significantly on the second. Strangely though, after a top coat of Seche Vite, it seemed to show up more streaks and smudges than without. Not so noticeable in the photo or artificial light, it really bothered me when I caught sight of the smudges in the sunlight.

It's pretty with all kinds of RADIANCE and sparkles especially when it catches the light. But given the choice, I'll stick to China Glaze's budget version, thank you very much!


xx

No comments:

Post a Comment