Saturday, 21 January 2012

WELCOME!

So, I’ve come to a point in my life (read: year) where I’m bored.
I’m bored; I’m broke; and I feel (for my own standards) I’m underachieving.
I’ve always been a bit of a workaholic, give me multiple jobs and endless hours, I’ll work myself to the ground. I’m generally pretty happy to do this, as with all this work comes so very much cold hard cash, to spend spoiling myself as much as possible (generally the only way to keep sane when working so much your social life gets sacrificed).
The usual outlet all this cold hard delightful pretty funny smelling hard earned cash would go on..?

COSMETICS.


The lot of it  -  Face creams, toners, moisturisers, scrubs, treatments,  body moisturisers, perfumes, lipsticks, blushes, eye shadows, glitters, glosses, mascaras, liners, primers, foundations, brushes, highlighters, shampoos, conditioners, deep treatments, leave in conditioners, smoothing serums, polishes, oils, potions and basically lotions of all shapes and forms...

Alas, this brings us back to the broke part. I’ve recently started working only one job, which has left me with more spare time than I know what to do with. I’ve been filling this time with lots of going out and drinking. That’s all well and good for your average 22 year old lady, but it leaves poor little me with very little cash to burn on the fun makeup-y type things I’m used to treating myself to.
So, with 2012 brings a whole new level of debt I’ve never experienced, and with that, I’ve decided to open a new door, to indulge a new outlet. If I can’t buy new things – why don’t I just work my way through all the precious bits and pieces I’ve spoilt myself with before, and share my knowledge and experience and love of these with any silly fool willing to read it.
So that brings us to here, to now. Sitting in the bath, with a hair mask on, listening to Snoop and Wiz Kahlifa sing how we should live young and wild and free and I’m starting my very first blog. I’m killing spare time, I’m saving money, and I’m going to rekindle a love of precious products I once loved dearly to prevent myself spending on more I’ll never get around to using. And I figure, the more money now I save doing this, the more I can spend later on feeding this.

Welcome  to

Something About Makeup...